What is World Vegetarian Day: Know why World Vegetarian Day is celebrated? These are the benefits of vegetarian diet
There are mainly two types of food, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The human body has the ability to digest both types of food.
World Vegetarian Day is celebrated every year on 1 October all over the world. It is the founding day of the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and was endorsed in 1978 by the International Vegetarian Union to “promote the joy, compassion, and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism”, promoting the ethical, environmental, Brings awareness of health and human benefits.
There are mainly two types of food, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The human body has the ability to digest both types of food. Some people believe that more nutrients are found in non-vegetarian food.
But let us tell you that the element which is found in non-vegetarian food by eating meat, in the same way is found in vegetables and vegetables in vegetarian food. Vegetarian food gets digested sooner than non-vegetarian food.
History of World Vegetarian Day
World Vegetarian Day i.e. World Vegan Day was celebrated for the first time on 1 October 1977 by the UK Vegan Society.
The Vegan Society was established in the year 1944. On whose 50th anniversary, the President of the Vegan Society announced the celebration of Vegan Day every year with the aim of commemorating the first date of October and promoting vegetarian diet among the people.
One of the reasons for celebrating Vegan Day was discrimination. Because at that time vegans were not allowed to consume dairy products.
In protest, he stopped consuming eggs and then in 1951 it became a vegetarian movement. Those who did not take part in the exploitation of animals.
Since then, every year on 1 October, awareness campaigns are organized all over the world to encourage vegetarianism.
Vegetarian Diet Benefits
*Vegetarian diet reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. People who eat pure vegetarian diet are 30% less likely to have heart-related diseases.
*Vegetarian food is light. It gets digested quickly as compared to other foods. Vegetarian food keeps the brain alert and makes it intelligent. By eating this type of food, a person feels refreshed.
* People who eat vegetarian food have a very low risk of high blood pressure. Because the amount of complex carbohydrates in such food is high and along with it the physical fatness is also low.
*Vegetarian diet includes whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables, which supply fiber, antioxidants, vitamins as well as essential minerals.
* Vegetarian diet helps in reducing weight. If you consume a balanced amount of fruits, vegetables, grains and dry fruits 3-4 times a day, then you can reduce your increasing weight in a few days while controlling it.
*Vegetarian food gets digested quickly. It makes you intelligent while keeping your brain alert. In contrast, non-vegetarian food takes at least 36-60 hours to digest.
* Vegetables contain many other essential elements along with proteins, carbohydrates and fats. It also contains elements like vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, etc., which are helpful in the prevention of deadly diseases like cancer.
* Vegetarian food also contains high amounts of fiber which aids in digestion.
* It is said that vegetarian diet does not provide the right amount of calories but this is not true. If all the necessary substances are included in the vegetarian diet, then the right amount of calories are also available.
Although vitamin B12 is found in small amounts in vegetarian diets, there is no evidence of deficiency in vegetarians. This suggests that vitamin B12 is needed in very small amounts in our body.
Also read- How Priyanka Chopra Uses Yogurt On Her Face